Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Week Two!



Sometimes I think, "Wow, I've been here for two weeks!" and other times I think ""Wow. I've been here for only two weeks."  I swear, you have no concept of time at the MTC. For real, in my journal I have accidentally dated 4 different journal entries as  May 8th. I am still loving it though! I had some really awesome experiences this week. First of all, on Sunday, guess who taught us? Janice.Kapp.Parry. 

Okay, wow. We sang a medley of all her primary songs, and then she surprised us at the end with a brand new song of hers that hasn't been released yet. It's called "The Sisters of Zion" and it's to the same  tune as "As Sisters In Zion".  BUT the lyrics to this one were written specifically for sister missionaries, and we were the first to sing it! It was Incredible!   She's just such a great lady! Okay, and then on Monday, Sora Hebden and I taught a lesson to a volunteer. We just go in a room and talk to this person we've never met before, and then teach them a lesson. Sora Hebden and I thought it would be a good idea to go in with out a script and just try our best to teach a Romanian lesson on our own. it was a STRUGGLE  but we did it.  It took a while and I'm pretty sure our grammar was horrid.. but we got it done! 

My Romanian is definitely coming along. Reading Romanian is actually super easy for me. I can read almost anything from the Romanian Preach my Gospel and tell you what it says. Speaking though is definitely a little more difficult. 

Okay, one of my absolute favorite parts of the week though was the lesson we taught just yesterday. Sora Hebden and I taught our Romanian teacher (who was pretending to be an investigator) a lesson on the restoration. We went in again with no real script. We didn't even have much time to prepare one even we wanted one that day anyway. They just kind of sprung it on us.  But it went SO well. I've only felt the spirit that strong a few times in my life.  I wasn't even expecting it to happen. Usually I go into a lesson a little nervous. Even though it is just my teacher and I know it's okay if we mess up (which is good cause we mess up a lot!) And I was nervous at the beginning, but we started off, and I began explaining to our investigator about Joseph Smith and all of the sudden, I just felt complete and total peace. My words came easier and I had to hold back from crying. I didn't even think that could be possible in the MTC!  Okay, missionary work is awesome.

Okay, another eventful thing happened this week, that I 'm not entirely proud of. So, there is this container of wet wipes we use in the language computer lab that is used to wipe down the computers after we use them. Well I accidentally pulled out two wipes instead of one, and tried to push in the second wipe with my thumb, and my thumb got stuck... like... really stuck. So,  in my panic, I pushed the rest of my thumb through the lid hoping it would just at least hurt less. BAD IDEA. It was not coming off. Sora Hebden and I tried running it under water... that didn't work. My thumb went all white, and then purple. So, in shame, I walked my stuck, purple thumb to the front desk. They tried cutting it off.. nope. They tried Vaseline . nope.  It took one BYU police officer, an MTC secretary  my companion, and a set a eye glass screw drivers to pry it off! Okay, it's funny now but I was worried there for a few minutes!! All in all, I am grateful for my thumb:)

Oh! Aunt Jennie! I met Sister Hughes  (It was Sister Hughes, right?) She's so nice! She had the letter you wrote her in her hand when she found me.. AND OH MY GOSH SHE JUST CAME UP TO ME JUST AS I WROTE THAT. She says hi!!! and She loves you guys.

Sorry this email is all over the place! I am a little pressed for time today!
OH MY GOSH! Elder Nelson came and spoke to us yesterday! How could I forget?? It was great! he talked about how obedience brings blessings.  Thank you for everyone who's been writing me and sending me such nice packages and things! Thanks for all the treats Grandma Grandpa and Aunt Viv!! You all are so kind to me!!

I love you all and miss all of you!!!
xoxoxxoxoxox
Sora Ralls



1 comment:

  1. Here is Keri's address until June 10:
    Sora Keri Ralls 06/10
    MTC Box 164
    Romania/Moldova Mission
    2005 N 900 E
    Provo UT 84604

    ReplyDelete