Sunday, August 4, 2013

July 22nd, 2013

Buna!
Transfer one is over! I can't believe it. I've completed an entire transfer already! Time goes by so fast on a mission. And guess who's going to Bucharest tomorrow! Our entire district. We're taking the over night train again, but this time we get our  own sleeper car! The elders are going down because Elder Adams is getting transferred. We are so sad! We have such a small and close district. Sora DeRuvo and I are not sure why they are having the two of us go down to Buc, but they asked us to. We figure it's probably for visa stuff. We leave her tomorrow night, arrive in Buc on Wednesday morning, and then get back on the train to come back Wednesday night. Everyone loves going to Bucharest on transfer week because you get to be with so many other missionaries!
I am so glad I'm not being transferred and I am SO glad Sora DeRuvo isn't being transferred. I really could not ask for a better companion or trainer. We just laugh all day long.
This week we were able to meet with a member of the branch, Sora Lydia. Oh, it is so funny here because almost everyone goes by Fratele or Sora and then their first name. I love it. But anyways, we met with Sora Lydia and she made us these amazing crepes with more of that perfectly divine Romanian chocolate cream and whipped cream. I love the members here more than I can describe! This branch is like one big family.
We also were able to teach Isabella the plan of Salvation. She loved it so so so much. Everything just seemed to make sense to her. Even things that are usually difficult here for people to understand. When we talk about the fall of Adam, people usually have a hard time understanding that the fall was necessary. But when we explained it to Isabella she just soaked it in and put it all together so well. When we began talking about eternal families, she couldn't stop crying. She has been through so much. Her family is the most important thing to her, and it shows. They live in  a tiny, tiny apartment with only one small room and a tiny kitchen on the side. They don't even have a bathroom in their apartment. But they are the happiest, most polite family. Her 5 children are always so happy and they are SO smart, and well behaved.
We also had our first experience at a Romanian Doctors office this week! Sora DeRuvo has had a little bit of a difficult time breathing. Nothing too too bad, but  she was sick a couple months ago, and her lungs haven't fully recovered. Sora Hill suggested we go to the clinic, so we did. It was nice, but kind of how I imagine a doctors office in the 70's to be. The Doctor was kind though, and gave her some herbal remedies to help her breath. She seems to be doing better too!
Now for my favorite story of the week! This was... Tuesday I think. Sora DeRuvo were on our way to teach our English class. The Tram was so full that day, and people were all squished together. This woman sat right next to me. She had the kindest, most tender face and smile. She looked right over at my face and smiled to me more than once. I wanted to talk to her so badly. I kept searching in my mind for something I could say to her. I wanted to say something... ANYTHING! But I couldn't formulate any kind of sentence that I would be able to say. So I was just going to hand her the Book of Mormon in my hand, but as I looked through it, our phone number, nor the church address had been stamped in it. So, regretfully, we just got off at our stop without saying a word. That night I felt so terrible. I kept wishing all day that I had talked to her. I felt that I should've, and didn't take the opportunity. That night I prayed and apologized to Heavenly Father and promised Him, that if he would bring us to her again I wouldn't let her get away with out talking to her. The next day, we were returning from teaching a lesson and were waiting for the tram to come.... and guess who we saw!! That same lady from the day before! Not only did she look at us too, but she waved to us. A big, happy, excited wave. She was waiting on the opposite side of the station. We ran over to her. A few seconds later the tram came, so we jumped on the tram with her, (going the opposite direction we intended) and immediately told her that we were missionaries and we wanted to talk with her and meet with her. She agreed and gave us all her information! Her name is Argentina, and she has 7 children. We are SO excited to meet with her. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father allows us second chances!
And Finally, I would like to mention that every other person here is named Mihai. I've never heard this name in my whole life until now, and everyone has it! There is one less active/ part member family we teach. The Dad's name is Mihai, the mom's name is Mihaiella, and their son's name is Mihai as well. I love it!
I love you all so much!  I hope everyone is so well! Thank you for your letters, love, and support!
xoxoxoxoxoxox
Sora Ralls




No comments:

Post a Comment