Monday, November 25, 2013

November 25, 2015 - transferred! 

Buna Buna one last time from Arad!

President called on Saturday and I'm being transferred to the city of Craiova!
I'll be serving with Sora Smith from Orem! She's in her 2nd transfer now. I've met her a couple times and she's great. I'll have to say though I was surprised to be going to Craiova. It's been an elders only city and now we're going to be the first sisters to serve there! In other words...."We're gonna be the best sister missionaries Craiova's ever seen!" The branch there has only 4 members including the American branch president and his wife... so it will be a different experience:)  
So we'll be going back to Bucharest tomorrow night, and then I'll be taking a 3 1/2 hour bus ride to Criavoa. 
I'm super looking forward to going to Craiova, but I am so sad to be leaving Arad. My gosh, saying goodbye to the branch was terribly sad on Sunday.  I'm going  to miss them so much! 
We had a few lessons this week- We were able to meet with Anca, Alex, and Eccaterina (who also came to church on Sunday... AGAIN!)  Our lesson with Eccaterina was wonderful. We taught the plan of Salvation. She just told us she felt such peace when were talking about it.  She'll be baptized :)
We also did contacting this week in a little section of Arad called Gui. I love being there. It feels like being in a neighborhood again. There aren't any apartments over there... just vilas. It's one of my favorite places to contact :)
We passed out some Book of Mormons to some wonderful people too.
We also spent some time this week doing office work things in preparation for next transfer. We rewrote and updated  member information for the new missionaries coming in and things like that.
In just a little while Sora Adams and I are going over to Cristina's (remember her? She's the member that's leaving to France on her mission). We're  Going to help her get her luggage and everything to the train station so she can get to the airport and head to the MTC! Hopefully everything goes more smoothly this time.

I can hardly believe Thanksgiving is on Thursday. I have to keep being reminded.  And in the spirit of thanksgiving..... 

http://www.lds.org/search?lang=eng&query=the+divine+gift+gratitude
Something I'm  learning out here is to be grateful for small successes. Since day 1 of our companionship, Sora Adams always asks me at night what 3 things I was grateful for that day. It just proves to us that even on the  hardest days there are always things to be grateful for. :)


I love you all!!!!! Have a wonderful week and great Thanksgiving! 
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Sora Ralls

Here's a picture of Arad's cute little Relief Society. The woman next to Sora Adams is Eccaterina :)


No comments:

Post a Comment