Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014- New Year and New Places


Buna Buna!
Transfers came, and I'm heading to the beautiful city of Brașov (brä-shôv')!
I did not expect this at all. It's always  hard to say goodbye to cities and companions, but I am also really so excited. My new companion is Sora Bray. She's a newer missionary, and is in her 2nd transfer right now. She's 22 or 23 ( I can't remember!)  :) I've met her a few times before, and she's really great. And Sora Smith is being sent to Timisoara! She's excited too :) 
This week was great! It was probably one of our most successful week's we've had since coming to Craiova. We had another really great lesson with Alina and Madalina. Those two girls are amazing! In our last lesson with them, they were a little confused about prophets and authority (normal!), so we spent our last lesson with them mainly focusing on that. So it was a good recap on the restoration. I'm going to miss those two so much. Oh! We also gave them starbursts at the end of our last lesson with them. It was so funny to watch them eat them, because they don't have them here. They loved'em!
We also did a lot of hospital contacting again this week. Ahhh it works so well. We went yesterday for the last time, and it was my favorite time yet. We got the phone numbers of some really amazing families,  and the new  Craiova sisters will be meeting with them soon! I will admit, I'm a little jealous that I don't get to stay and meet with them!
As we were walking out of the hospital last night, we looked over into one of the rooms we visited, and through the window we could see a mother reading her son the Plan of Salvation pamphlet we'd given her.  We loved it.
Oh! New years eve here was AMAZING. President Hill gave everyone in the mission permission to stay out and watch the fireworks (can you believe it?!).  They do New Year's right here. EVERYONE is lighting fireworks. And not the little kind either!  Our district went up to the top of an 8 story apartment bloc and watched fireworks go off... they were EVERYWHERE. And the sky was filled with floating lanterns. Ahhh it was incredible!!!! It didn't even feel like real life.
I am so grateful for this chance I've had to serve here in Craiova. I'm going to miss it so much. The few members we've had here have been incredible. They have some of the strongest testimonies I've ever seen. Obviously it's hard for them to be the only members in the city, but they've learned to entirely rely on the Lord entirely for their strength and devotion.
Well, we're going finish packing up tonight, and we'll be heading to Bucarest  on Wednesday Morning and I'll be in Brasov by Wednesday night :) 
Xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo
Love., Sora Ralls

No comments:

Post a Comment