Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7, 2013

SALUT!
Alright, let's talk about conference! Wasn't it awesome? I'm actually trying to listen to the afternoon sessions right now. They do conference weekend a little differently here in Arad. On Saturday, the branch members and the missionaries met up at the church at 7:00 pm to watch the first session. Then, on Sunday, we all met at the church at 5:00 pm to have a two hour long sacrament meeting and then we all watched the Sunday morning session together. So I haven't been able to watch the afternoon sessions at all until right now! So yes, conference so far has been awesome. There's never been a better time to be a missionary, or a member missionary!
This week has been super great. On Wednesday, we had an exchange with the coordinating sisters. I went with Sora Polatis. We did a little bit of contacting, and we had two lessons. One with Cristina, for mission prep (she's the member who's about to leave for France!) and one with Elvira and her mother, Simona. We had a lesson of prophets, just to make sure they were understanding from our last lesson, and also so that perhaps they'd be a little more enticed to come to the church for conference. They didn't come, unfortunately, but things are still going well! 
We also had a couple lessons with Anca. That's going well too. She tells us that she really only lets us teach her because we teach her English, but seriously, I think we're slowing getting somewhere with her. Last time we met with her she told us she started reading the pamphlets we'd given her. prrrooogreess. 
The Elders here just got their investigator to commit to a baptism date. They're super excited about it. The only thing is is that the date the investigator agreed to commit to is in May of next year. Haha. They're thinking and hoping that it will happen a little sooner though:) Their investigator's name is Irinel, and he found the church while he was serving in the military in Iraq.
Sometimes I think things are progressing so slowly here. But then I realize; Oh my heck. I'm in Arad, Romania, and I'm going to church. With other members. Of all places! There's a branch in Arad Romania! The work. It's definitely moving. 
So this morning, we all went to LIPOVA for Pday. Talk about adventure! Lipova is a little town that's about an hour train ride out of Arad. We pulled into this ity bity town and then walked about an hour to get to the Lipova fortress. And then we took a pretty steep hike for about 30 minutes. And then we were there! I'll include some pictures:) My gosh, it was so so so cool. There was no one else up there but us. We climbed around, and took lots of pictures:)
Transfer board comes out on Friday!!! This one is particularly exciting for me because I'm the most likely to be transfered out of our district. it's very bittersweet. I LOVE. This district I'm in. And I LOVE Sora Stewart. We all have so much fun together! But I've been here at least a transfer or 2 longer than anyone else here. So, I might be bouncin out pretty soon. If I go, It will be exciting. But if I stay, I'll be super happy too. WIN WIN!
I love you all so much!! Thank you for  your examples and your prayers!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxox
Love,
Sora Ralls

No comments:

Post a Comment