Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013


Buna Buna!
Thank you for all the birthday wishes!! I think I actually do have the best family and friends in the world. My birthday here was seriously, awesome. The entire morning was just filled with phone calls from missionaries I've served around, and others who sang "La Mults Ani" to Sora Stewart and me. That song's been stuck in our head since. Then we did some chalk contacting with some of our district.  I love chalk contacting so much. It's the best because people are so curious as to what we're drawing so they come to US.  Later that evening we got permission from President Hill to go out to dinner with our district. The Assistants also came because they were on an exchange with the Zone leaders. It was a party! The elders also gave me "The Birthday Tie". It was honor because I'm the only sister to ever receive it. I even got to add my name to the back of it and everything. I'll add the picture:)  I'm going to have to figure out a creative way to wear it I guess....
This week we also got to move into our NEW APARTMENT! no more falling ceiling, no more roaches, no more sparky outlets... score. We're loving it. It's a super nice apartment too. Everything is brand new! We're loving it.
Hey, I remembered to bring my notes from Elder Powell's talk at district conference on the Book of Mormon! So basically his talk was on the truthfulness of of the Book of Mormon. He talked about some studies that had been done to prove it was a fares, but how each one of these studies ended up proving it was more true than false. He shared some interesting things that I'd never realized or even knew before, and now I'll share them with you!
-Okay- So he pulled out some specific verses like 1 Nephi 2:4.  "And it came to pass that he departed into the wilderness. And he left his house, and the land of his inheritance, and his gold, and his silver, and his precious things, and took nothing with him, save it were his family, and provisions, and tents, and departed into the wilderness" the word "and" is used more than 10 times in this verse. Which was a common in Hebrew.
-In 1 Nephi 2:6, The verse mentions a "river of water"  Why river of water? Because they had dry, waterless rivers in Israel. They called those types of rivers.... Wadus or something like that. Joseph Smith... he probably had no idea.
-Alma 2:34 
"And thus he cleared the ground, or rather the bank, which was on the west of the river Sidon, throwing the bodies of the Lamanites who had been slain into the waters of Sidon, that thereby his people might have room to cross and contend with the Lamanites and the Amlicites on the west side of the river Sidon."- Elder Powell pointed out that the words "or rather" were used here to correct a mistake in writing by Alma. You can't really erase what you've written on plates so you correct your self with terms like "or  rather" If it was Joseph Smith writing this book, he could have just erased this mistake, and started over more easily.

Okay so those were just a few of the many many many awesome neat things he shared with us:)

I'm running out of time and I still have to email, President Hill so I better run! I love you all so much! Thank you so much for everything you do! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo
Sora Ralls

No comments:

Post a Comment