Monday, September 9, 2013

September 9, 2013

Buna Buna!
Alrrriiighht so I'm officially no longer a greeny! I'm a full fledged missionary now. 
On Tuesday we took a night train to Bucharest. My gosh those things are so crazy. There were no more first class rooms left so we had to share with the Elders again. That's a fun time. We just ate bananas and Milka bars and played Taboo. 
We got to Buch at 5:30 Wednesday morning. My gosh that was Such a looooonggg day.  But it's always so much fun to be there and see all the other missionaries who've come down for transfers. I met my new lovely companion, Sora Stewart. She's from Las Vegas and she's super funny. She actually kind of reminds me of Kiley a little bit. She laughs just like her too! Saying good bye to Sora DeRuvo was super hard. My gosh, I love her so much. I was blessed with seriously, the perfect trainer. Our train that night left at 12:00 midnight. 
So, Thursday afternoon we met with 2 of the members of the branch. Sora Florita fed us lunch, and for the first time her husband was home and willing to talk with us. He's not a member. He really actually probably said like 5 words to us total. But he said he would come to church this Sunday! 
Then we met with Cristina. Cristina is the one we have mission prep classes with. She leaves for her mission to France in about month and a half.
Friday and Saturday were pretty much all contacting. We actually ran into a lady we contacted a few weeks earlier when I was on an exchange with one of the Coordinating sisters.. She welcomed us so warmly to sit with her. We talked with her for about 20 minutes before she had to leave. She invited us to come talk to her again this Thursday.
Hey, hopefully next week we'll be able to move into our new apartment! it's almost finished actually! It's so great. Sora DeRuvo and I actually got to pick out the colors of the walls. We're super excited to move in! We need to move in soon too. The ceiling in our bathroom is starting to fall down on us. haha:)
Sora Stewart and I are super excited for this next week. We've been able to get a hold of some of our potential investigators we haven't been able to talk to in a long time. We have pretty much our entire week already planned filled with appointments!  
If anyone of you hasn't read the talk "Unleashing the Dormant Spirit" . (A BYU devotional) I highl, highly suggest you read it this week! I've read it a few times already this week. I can't get over how great it is.  
I love  you all so much! Thank you so much for all your prayers and support!
Love love love,
Sora Ralls

No comments:

Post a Comment