Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21, 2014

Buna!
I can't believe it's only been a week since I last wrote home!
So Sora Hebden and I spent a couple more days together in Buc which was amazing. It was so cool just to have that time together to talk about all we’ve learned since we were in the MTC together. On my last night there  we ended up staying up a little later than we should just pillow talking. That morning  I prayed and I asked for help staying awake for the zone conference that day.  Well, let me tell you. I wasn’t tired for a second... this is why- The assistants came over at  about 5:45 that morning to pick us up, then  take us to President Ivory’s then to Brasov. We’d been in the car for a while and just talking about nothing, and then assistants looked back and said „” Oh, Sora Ralls, by the way, you’ve won yourself a presentation at zone conference.” I laughed.. Because in all honesty, I thought it was a joke. But then they explained that  the night before President wanted to change things up a little and switch the presenters a bit.  Okay so that woke me up.
When we got the the mission home, we met the Ivorys for the first time! They are hilarious. They are your typical American family. All of their children were there, but only one Ellis, who’s 11 will be staying with them.
The first thing President Ivory said to me was „”Did the assistants tell you about your presentation today?” I said ”yes.” He said ”Good, I”m going to have them record it so I can show it to other missionaries”.  I couldn't help thinking "...who the heck doesn President Ivory think I am?" And then we got into his range rover and drove back to Brasov with President Ivory, Sister Ivory, and their oldest daughter Abby.
With not much prep time, I really had to rely on the spirit. I asked Sora Honey to go back into one of the classrooms with me when we arrived in Brasov to say a quick prayer.  The spirit took care of it all. The presentation went better than I could’ve done on my own, even with loads of prep time.
And I want you all to know PRESIDENT IVORY IS AMAZING. He is on fire. He is a champion. AND he speaks Romanian.  He seriously makes  us feel like we can take on the world.
My interview with him was awesome. He is really intense, and when we sat down in the interview room, he looked me right in the eyes and asked,  ”What do you have to say to me?” The intensity of it made me want to confess things I’ve never done. But seriously, he is so cool. He told me that that I remind him so much of himself when he was a missionary.. which made me really happy to hear .
So bottom like, President Ivory is super cool.
 We’re changing things up in the mission a little too. So before most of our time was spent looking for new investigators and teaching them, but now it’s divided into 3 equal parts. 2- Finding and teaching. 2-Working with less actives and 3- Strengthening members  and preparing them for the next ordinance.  It all makes so much sense! Some of the sisters and Sora Honey and I were all talking about it, and we feel like what we did with President Hill is build a strong foundation. Many of us found many investigators and introduced the gospel to many. Now that we’ve got that foundation, we’re going to go out and focus on teaching. Solid.
This week we’ve begun trying to organize our plans in that way. It’s been fun to talk to some of the members about the temple and the importance of the temple covenants .. It really makes me excited to go back to the temple when I get home... how we miss it!
So some other exciting news, a giant  fish jumped out of its tank and right at us at the super market. We had to jump to get out of the way and we got fish water on us. I love this place.
Thank you so much for all your support, and prayers! Remember remember you're always in mine!
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxo
Sora Ralls

No comments:

Post a Comment