Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July 28, 2014

Buna from the classy internet cafe in Buc-
I don't really know even where to begin... It's been a good week and a crazy week!
On Thursday we got a call from the office elders letting us know that Sora Honey's visa had been approved and that she needed to go back to Moldova to pick it up. We were gearing up to go, and we get a call from President Ivory. We talked about how the work was going in Brasov, and then he suggested that rather than staying in Bucharest, I bring Sora Hebden to Brasov with me so that we could "avoid losing momentum ".
So, On Saturday, after  English class we jumped on the 3 hour train to Buc. Our train arrived in Buc at 6:40 and Sora Hebden and I had a train back at 6:45... So we booked it all through the train station, met up with the sisters, and jumped on the train back. I still can't believe we made it!
Serving in Brasov with Sora Hebden was so much fun. I am so glad President suggested that she come up there because we got SO much done.
It was a really cool experience to serve that short time with Sora Hebden. During our first lesson we taught together I just kept thinking back to the MTC, when Sora Hebden and I struggled so much just to speak the language and didn't understand 1/4th of what our teachers/ "investigators" were saying to us. But 1 year, and 3 months later, there we were again... teaching for real, and actually understanding. I loved it!
The Bairs were also so good to us while we were there in Brasov together. They made it their personal responsibility to make sure Sora Hebden got to see all the good stuff there is to see in Brasov.  They even made us dinner :)
We were planning on being back in Brasov by now, but last night we got a phone call as Sora Hebden and I were on the train to Bucharest. It was Sora Honey and Sora Sayre letting us know that Sora Honey found out she has more visa work to do here in Bucharest on Wednesday. We were surprised
So now, the plan is... I'm taking Sora Stewart back with me tonight to Brasov, while Sora Honey does her visa work here with Sora Bastitas. It's been  insane! But I am so glad We have flexible missionaries and a President who's willing to let this happen :) Brasov is kind of on a roll lately, and we've got lots to do!
We got a couple new investigators this week by the way! One of them is Carla. We met her on the bus. She is very open and told us "I think you have just the right message". We had our first lesson with her in the city square over oreo milkshakes.  It went really well. She agreed to come to church, but something came up. We'll be meeting with her later this week.
Transfer board is coming out on Saturday! I can hardly believe I've been in Brasov for 5. We'll see what happens on Saturday!
Sorry this email is so short! We've got a few things we need to do before we head back to Brasov this evening.
I love you all so much! So so much
xoxoxoxoxoxox
Sora Ralls

No comments:

Post a Comment