Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4, 2014

How do I sum up this week?
It's definitely been amazing, and full of surprises. 
I loved serving with Sora Stewart this week. We were in Brasov from Wednesday to Friday while Sora Honey stayed in Bucharest doing visa work. All went well with her visa by the way! After a long struggle she finally is legal!!  Sora Stewart is going home on Wednesday morning! I can hardly believe it. I am so glad we get to be roommates back up at school this winter :) 
So transfer board came out on Saturday... and it finally happened... they transferred me out of Brasov. When I saw the board I was just in shock. President was so sure just a couple weeks ago that he was going to keep me in Brasov. But he did also say that he needed to fast and pray about it before making a final decision.. I guess revelation told him otherwise.
So now it looks like I'm heading  South East! On Wednesday I leave for Constanta. It's right on the Black Sea. Our Apartment is literally on the beach:) I'll be second transfer training 22 year old Sora Long from Utah. I am looking forward to serving with her. :)
Oh man!! You know what though. When Sora Stewart was staying with me here in Brasov, I woke her up in the middleof the night because I was talking in my sleep. She woke me up and I just told her "Sorry I was dreaming I was contacting in Constanta."  We just laughed it off. I HAD NO IDEA I WOULD BE SERVING THERE THE NEXT WEEK!
I don't know a lot about Constanta other than the branch is amazing and the city is beautiful. I did meet some of the members a few months ago when all the members and missionaries were in Bucarest for district conference. One little 14 year old girl I met (I forgot her name!) Told me she was going to pray that I get sent to Constanta... and I guess she had great faith because it worked!
Sunday was hard. It was hard saying goodbye to everyone. I can't believe how much I've come to love these people in such a short amount of time. I was doing okay with my goodbyes until a few of the branch members started tearing up. Then I lost it just a little.
As we were leaving the church though, I really just felt this calm and comfortable feeling of knowing I have done all I could for Brasov. I did the best I could here. I gave everything I could. I am just so grateful I got to serve here.
As hard as it is to go, I know there are new challenges to meet and people to love in Constanta. 
Oh! Our branch president there has a"I"m a Mormon " video. :) http://suntmormon.ro/mormoni-din-romania/ He's the last one- Alin.
We head to Bucharest on Wednesday Morning, and I'll stay the night because we have the trainers meeting early Thursday morning.
Next time I write I'll be in my new city!
I love you all so so so so much! You've all been amazing examples to me. You're always in my prayers!!
xoxoxoxoxox
Sora Ralls
ps- Today we went to Strada Sforii. One of the narrowest streets in Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment