Saturday, August 16, 2014

Aug 11, 2014

Buna from Constanta!!
Let me start off by saying... I'm in paradise. Constanta is absolutely beautiful and the people even more so.
Our apartment here is on the beach. Can you believe that? We walk outside, turn the corner and BAM. Beach. This is the view from our apartment. I see this every morning as I study.It's so nice. And in the morning we just go downstairs to the boardwalk for work out.
This morning as we were studying, we thought we saw two dolphins  in the water. We've heard you can see dolphins from the widow sometimes. So, we ran down stairs to get a closer look. Sora Long took a picture and then zoomed  in... turns out they were just two people swimming.. :) but it was an exciting morning!

My companion, Sora Long is AMAZING. She is absolutely hilarious. Our district is fun too. We half the district is being trained right now, so everyone is full of lots of energy. It's awesome. Today we had mici at the church for pday.


The branch here is very small, the members are VERY powerful. I love all of them already.
Right now Sora Long and I working on gaining some new investigators. We've done so much contacting in my first few days here, and we've seen a lot of success already. We've already gained 2 new investigators! One of which we found because we were lost and asked her for directions. We had a great conversation with her as she led us to where we needed to go. We talked about the Book of Mormon and then left her one as a thank you gift :) We went over to her home the next day and had a lesson. She was so good to us! She made us cheese scones, and gave us cookies. 
We had another wonderful lesson with another woman, Aura. We taught her the plan of salvation on the beach near our apartment. It was so cool.
I just felt so blessed. Sitting there on the beach, listening to the waves, feeling so good. We have a good life. Aura is really sweet too. She is very orthodox but is open and willing to hear what we had to say. She said the prayer with her own words. I love hearing people try that for the first time. It's one of my favorite parts of my entire mission.
Leaving Brasov last week was rough, but I'm so happy to be here with these people. I'm also happy because President Ivory told me I can call my cute Brasov member sisters when I want to. They've been calling me too and I love it. I love knowing that even though I'm not in their area anymore, I'll always get to keep them as my friends.
Going to Buc was a lot of fun too. I loved seeing all the missionaries! On the train ride down, I got word that president Ivory wanted me to do another presentation, but this time it was for all the new incoming missionaries.It was SO much fun to be there with all of them. They are a really good group. And Sora Newell (another sister in the mission) and I got to take the only new sister (Sora Black) contacting on her first day in the country. It was so much fun. It started raining really hard though and the only people we could really contact were the people huddled under an awning  with us. haha
Things here are going so well, and I am loving it. Life is so good!
I love all of you so so so so much!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Sora Ralls

No comments:

Post a Comment