Monday, June 2, 2014

June 2, 2014

Bunnnnaaa!

We've had yet another awesome week. This one went by particular fast.
We've had a hefty load of lessons this week and we've loved it.

On Thursday we had an exchange with the sister training leaders in Bucharest. Guess who I went with... Sora Stewart! My companion from  Arad. It was really cool.  When we served together, we were rather "young" missionaries together. I was only in my 3rd transfer and she was in her 5th.  Now I'm in my 9th and she is in her 11th. It was cool to see how we've both grown so much. Teaching lessons together went so much smoother. And we were both so much more confident in our contacting approaches.
We had a couple recent convert lessons in Feldiora. It was fun to take Sora Stewart out there and show her what it's like. 
These last few days have been pretty rainy, but the day of the exchange it was especially wet.
Sora Stewart and I stepped off the bus and walked as quickly as we could to Elena's house. Her house isn't too close to the bus stop, and after just a few minutes, it looked like we'd just came up out the pond. We were laughing the entire time. When we got the the twin girls tried to help us by shaking out our  skirts and drying our hair with a rag. :) 
We've had a couple good lessons with the Filip boys this week. It's been hard to meet with them because Sora Filip has a difficult work schedule. We've had to set their baptismal date back until the 15th so they can be fully prepared for their baptism. They are looking forward to it :)  
We had the elders with us for one of the lessons. They were going to teach the boys on prophets a bit more, and what it means to "follow the prophet" and then we were going to take over and teach the word of wisdom. While the elders were doing their part, sora Filip leaned over to us and whispered a question. Sora Honey and I talked with her for few minutes, and then when we looked up, the boys had all left.  The elders were just sitting there looking a little confused.  They said "I'm not sure if we did too well.... after the lesson they asked if Joseph Smith is God." 
We all just laughed. We cleared things up on Saturday :) 

This week has definitely had the theme of prayer attached to it. We've done spiritual thoughts, and lessons on prayer this week. I also presented on personal prayer in district meeting. I've loved it. I have learned so much.
It becomes more apparent to me everyday  of my mission that really Heavenly Father doesn't really ever need to me to talk at Him but rather with Him. 
As I've been studying this  and working on this, I talked to Sora Stewart about it on our exchange. She showed me a prayer journal she had, and I loved it! She helped me start my own. I have loved using it too.  You just write in the journal the things your grateful for in that day, your desires, and your questions, and then leave a place to write your answers  after your prayers.
 It looks like this for example
i.e.)

Gratitude:
Chocolate milk, Perfect weather, Good companion, MoTab

Desires:
To be a better missionary, to know how to help so and so, etc

Answers:
And then you just write whatever feelings, thoughts and ideas you have here while you pray and after you pray.
Guys, it's cool.


Yesterday we had a really good fast and testimony meeting. All four of the Filip boys came, and Andriana and Beatris came again.
In Sunday school they asked Adriana to say the opening prayer, and then Sora Filip to say the closing prayer.


They both did  it beautifully.  I thought about how these two lovely ladies and how it's just been fairly recently that they've learned to pray in that manner. Talking to Heavenly Father directly, using their own words, and closing in the name of Jesus Christ.   I love being a missionary. That's all.
I love you all so much!!! You're always in my prayers!
xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxox
Sora Ralls

No comments:

Post a Comment