Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014

Buna Buna!
Sorry to be writing so late, but we just got back from spending the day with the Elder and Sister Bair! They just arrived in Brasov today, and they are taking over Elder and Sora Powell's spot. They are awesome. They're from Boise Idaho. We walked to their apartment, talked with them there for a while, and then we showed them where the grocery store is. After that, they took our district out to pizza! They really are amazing, and Elder Bair cracks jokes just about every 5 seconds. We love them already!
It's been yet another great week in Brasov. This week we gained two new AMAZING investigators The first one is Carmen. Her father is a member here in the Brasov branch, and she came to church with him. She just arrived back to Romania after working in Italy for 6 years as a nanny. Carmen is in her late 20's, and has a little girl, Teodora, and a baby, Ema. We went over to their home (which is stunning by the way) and she fed us cake, cherries, strawberries and fresh fruit juice. My gosh, it was heaven. We're not really used to that kind of treatment :)
We had the first lesson, and she agreed to a soft baptismal commitment. We're having a lesson with her again tomorrow, and we're hoping to set a solid one. Seriously, Carmen already feels like a member. It feels just like teaching Adriana! We feel so blessed.
Our second new investigator lives in a town, about an hour train ride away, called Sfântu Gheorghe. She was a referrel from her daughter who found the church while living in England. We had a great first lesson with her too. In fact, during the lesson she started describing a dream she had to us. She talked about coming to a beautiful glowing tree. When she got to the tree, she picked off the sweetest, most radiant fruit... sound familiar anyone? :) So we got to talk about Lehi's dream a bit with her. She liked that a lot :) We're going to be meeting with her later this week too. It's just a little hard because if we go out there, we have to spend the whole day. The trains aren't very regular. We're trying to work it out to do skype lessons right now. BUT!  Sfântu Gheorghe is a fun town to be stuck in. It's completely Hungarian. There are farrrrrr more Hungarians there than Romanians. All the billboards and street signs are in Hungarian as well.
Oh! I almost forgot to mention transfer board. It came out on Saturday, and just like we expected, Sora Honey and I are staying here together :) 5 transfers strong! I am so happy about it too :)
Oh. I had a funny dream the other day. So, I have the alram set for 6:28, so I can be sure to roll out of bed by 6:30. But one day this week, I stopped the alarm, and was just going to wait for the 6:30 alram to go off... so I started to fall asleep a little bit. When I did, I started to dream that I was asleep in bed, in the Quorum of the twelve's office while they were having a meeting. In my dream though, David O. McKay was the prophet. During the meeting, one of the aposltes got up and said to me, "hey. why don't you show President McKay how you wake up and pray on time in the moring?". SO. I did. It almost beats the time I woke up at 12:18 in the morning, thinking it was 6:30and said whole prayer before I realized it was still dark outside.... Good times. :)
Well, here's to another beautiful transfer in Brasov!
I hope you all are doing well! I love you all so much!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Sora Ralls

No comments:

Post a Comment